Whether it’s an employee review or a reflection on a project or challenge, asking the right questions is vital for enhancing performance, improving productivity levels and increasing employee morale.
Questions to develop confidence
- What are you really great at?
- What do you know for sure?
- What are you confident about?
- When does your strength show up?
- What went well?
- What did you do right?
- Who supports your ideas?
- When have you been inspired? A visionary? A great manager? A great leader?
- What makes you magnetic?
- What draws others to you?
- What would your best friend say about your strengths?
- What do you know you can do well?
- What do you know you can do that you haven’t done yet?
Questions to focus on integrating development feedback
- How can you use this information?
- What about this feels true?
- What about this is true?
- What are some actions you want to take?
- How can we make this process useful for you?
- What kind of leader do you want to be?
- If you were your hero, how would you react?