Most business meetings are not seen as a negotiation, but they still involve communication, persuasion and bargaining – all skills that leaders and managers need to be effective at.
Questions to develop influence skills
- What do you want?
- What do they want?
- How can you find out their needs?
- Are there options that you would consider?
- What is driving you?
- Who do you need to influence?
- What are your key messages?
- What is really important about your message?
- How does your message benefit the organisation?
- What change do you want to inspire?
- What do you want to inspire in others?
- What is powerful about the way you communicate?
- How can you amplify your influence ability?